Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Heart Seattle


While I'm excited to move to New York, Seattle will always hold a special place in my heart. I know I'll be back often and not just because my in-laws live here. It's a beautiful city, full of vibrant culture, incredible displays of nature and as you may have noticed, food worth writing home about. Here's my little tribute to the Emerald City in photo form. Farewell, Seattle.

the Olympic Sculpture Park on a sunny day

my favorite food truck

cherry blossoms in bloom

coffee as an art form

the fresh flowers, flying fish and fruit stands within Pike Place Market

afternoon snacks from Le Panier

the colorful locals (this may be the best representation of Seattle's population on record)

a solution for east coast pizza cravings

Rainier cherries

living an hour away from waterfalls

tea and crumpets on a rainy day

challenging goats at the zoo to staring contests

 trees

Trophy cupcakes

ferry rides

the inordinate amount of lavender

watching the sunset from these chairs

23 comments:

  1. i love seattle too (well except for the traffic). i can't wait to go back and visit, my sister lives in issaquah and we spend most of our time downtown everytime i visit.

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos! I especially like the Cherry Blossoms and Macaroons! I've never been to Seattle but it's on the list of places to go!

    Thank you for sharing, I am really enjoying your blog!

    www.annawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to the West Coast at all... It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a lovely photo collection. I lived in Seattle for only a month. This makes me want to go back and experience it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seattles tribal heritageSeptember 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM

    Every part of all this soil is sacred to my people.
    Every hillside, every valley, every plain and grove has been hollowed by some sad or happy event in days long vanished.
    The very dust you now stand on responds more willingly to their footsteps than to yours, because it is rich with the blood of our ancestors and our bare feet are conscious of the sympathetic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures make me want to visit! It sounds like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make life seem so wonderful! I think I need to go out and make a picture tribute to my city- it might really make me appreciate it more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're going to miss you! Come back soon and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures!! i especially love the one of the waterfall and the cherry blossoms. I want to visit Seattle so badly!! Someday :). Enjoy the remainder of your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tribute to a lovely city. It's hard leaving, even when you're excited for the next adventure, no?

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a special tribute, love Seattle too which is why I haven't move anywhere else... Goodluck on the big move!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you leaving this weekend? I hope you guys have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seattle is definitely on my list of places to visit while I am still on the west coast! Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm from Seattle but am living abroad at the moment. Thanks for the lovely post with pictures from home :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I've never been and this makes me want to go, right now! When are you moving to NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your "colorful locals" picture is fabulous! Good luck on the move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pictorial of Seattle! Good luck in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know that food truck! It's right by my work every Friday!
    Love your photos of Seattle - really shows just how beautiful this city is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Seattle too. I yearn to live there someday. Your photos are just further proof of how lovely the city and surrounds are. What a great tribute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips